If you use a Umo Card instead of the Umo App, you can register it (so that you can add stored value, buy passes, etc.) by going to the Umo Passenger Portal (umopass.com for U.S. riders, ca.umopass.com for non-U.S. riders) and clicking Create Account.
If you use the Umo App instead of Umo Card, you can go to your Umo Wallet to add a cash balance, purchase a transit pass, change your payment method, show a QR code for trip validation, and view your ride history.
You cannot use both the Umo Card and the Umo App — you must choose one or the other.
For example: If you download the Umo App and create an account, your Umo Card card will be disabled.
Register Your Umo Card
- Go to the Umo Passenger Portal (umopass.com for U.S. riders, ca.umopass.com for non-U.S. riders).
- On the Sign In page, click Create Account.
- On the Let's Get You Going page, click Register a Card.
- On the Register Your Card page, enter your Umo Card number in the Card Number field, and click Next.
- On the Create Your Account page, enter a unique username and create a password.
- (Optional) Enter an email address and mobile phone number. (This is helpful in the event of account recovery.)
- Once you read the Terms and Conditions, select the check box and click Save.
- Once your account is created, you can add transit value or a pass to your account and start riding!